Monday, April 21, 2014

What’s for Dinner? Iceland Meal Plan by Katie

Stone Soup
This week I had to make a meal plan for our trip to Iceland, and let me just say: It’s not as easy as it sounds. At home, I’m used to my mom making our weekly meal plans and only asking my sister and me for input. I’ve also never made a meal plan for a trip like this, so drawing up this one was entirely new to me. We have certain restrictions on what we can make because of where we’re staying and the fact that foods from our regular diet may be unavailable in a regular Icelandic grocery store. While actually writing our meal plan, I tried to keep up variety. No two days have the same breakfast or dinner. We’ll have spaghetti with meatballs, stone soup, and beef stew on the menu for dinner and cereal, fruit, ramen noodles, boiled eggs, bagels, and peanut butter on the breakfast menu. We’re having picnic lunches during the week, but those are just sandwiches with cold cuts and cheese and fruit. There are also several days when we are buying lunch in Reykjavik instead of making ourselves. Whatever we’re eating, I know everyone in the troop is looking forward to trying new foods!


Katie 

No comments:

Post a Comment