Sunday, June 15, 2014

England Day 1

Traveling to London by Lizzy

SO! We’re in London, at the hostel safe and sound. Barely. But don’t freak out! Nothing too horrible happened. It just took a lot of stress, sweat, and steps. So we woke up at about 5:30 (Knew I could do it - Mrs. Susan doubted me). Anyway, we did some last minute cleaning and packing after we woke up and got ready. Then it was time for us to go. I felt really sad leaving the scout house and Reykjavik in general. I really fell in love with the place, head first man. I plan on going back in the nearest future possible. I think a lot of us feel the same way.

Well, we left and headed to the airport with breakfast in the car and drove down to the Keflavik airport. Before that, we dropped our van off successfully at the parking lot. We went through customs, security, and exchanged our money before the plane ride. However, problem one started when we had to check all of our luggage because we were only allowed to take one item. In the US, our backpack + our luggage would count. But not on Easyjet. So we do that, then we get on the plane. I slept through most of it, but I did get to write in my journal for a time.

Once we landed though, problem 2 starts. Getting to the hostel was a predicament. Let me tell you, London traffic and transportation can get kinda difficult at first. I mean now, its a breeze and actually really fun for me to ride. BUT back then it was a bit overwhelming, especially considering we had just come from the less populated Reykjavik. Anyway we got on trains and buses and just about everything trying to get to the hostel. And we got lost on just about everything. All the while we lugged out luggage around (see what I did there?) an unusually warm London.

Well finally we get to the road, but of course we have to walk uphill. Once we get there, the hostel manager is no where to be found, and we are tired and very confused... Except we meet some really kind people at the door that help us and we find our key and go in and settle down. BUT THEN PROBLEM THREE.. The car rental place emailed us claiming we may have scratched/dented the car. We didn’t of course, and once we emailed them, they saw the mark on the paperwork and things were fixed. Everything that happened really stressed us out of course.

On the other hand, we have beds to sleep in, the sun was shining, and we had amazing Indian food for dinner that night. (Seriously, shout out to Fire n’ Spice for being the best Indian food I’ve ever had) It was a pretty amazing day actually. I’m really loving London, deeply missing Iceland, but excited to be here.




Dinner at Fire and Spice by Selina

So for our first day in London, a LOT of stuff happened and we were beat by the evening. Someone recommended this Indian restaurant called Fire and Spice that was nearby for dinner. So we went and it was absolutely DELICIOUS!!! There are a few Indian restaurants in GA too, but this was one of a kind! Everyone was so nice to us and there was so much GOOD food! After that dinner, we went back to the restaurant everyday to buy Naan for breakfast, and to talk to the staff! They were so nice to us, and even gave us tastes of extra food they had there.  Man! I wish they were in America too, I know I would go with my family next time! So I guess if you live in London and you’re craving Indian food, we highly recommend Fire and Spice.  5 stars all the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment